The Hudson Valley has a new and fabulous chocolate producer called Fruition Chocolate, and we are proud to be selling their delicious bars and chocolate covered cranberries and nuts in our store. Bryan Graham, a former pastry chef and student at the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park, New York, opened his own store in 2011 just a few miles up the road from us on Route 28! So what makes their chocolate so special, you might ask? Bryan literally makes his chocolate confections from the cocoa beans themselves!
This from their website: "Bean to bar is the term used to describe chocolate that is made straight from the cocoa bean. The majority of chocolatiers buy a bulk source of chocolate and melt it down to craft their chocolates. What's different about Fruition Chocolate is that we craft our own chocolate from the bean, and then use that to create our bars and confections.
We are proud to rank among only a handful of small batch craft chocolate makers in the United States. This is a group of manufacturers whose ultimate goal is excellence in everything they do: finding exceptional ingredients, and carefully coaxing out their fullest potential until a chocolate emerges several days later that stands up as a world class product."
Enjoy this inspiring video clip where Bryan shows you his process of creating chocolate "from bean to bar".
The Fruition Chocolate products we are currently carrying in our store are the Signature 66% Dark Chocolate bar, the Classic Milk Chocolate bar, Chocolate Coated Toasted Almonds with Sea Salt, Chocolate Coated Orange Scented Cranberries (my personal fav), and Dark Chocolate Coated Jalapeno Dusted Corn Nuts! Please ask for a sample next time you're in - we hide them in the office!
- Testimonial from a Satisfied Bistro-to-Go Guest
- Great Appetizer Recipes: Smoked Salmon Canapes
- Great Appetizer Recipes: Tapenade and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- Great Appetizer Recipes: Mushroom Parmesan Risotto Cakes
- Great Appetizer Recipes: Blinis with Smoked Trout, Creme Fraiche, & Wasabi Caviar
- Great Appetizer Recipes: Asian Tuna Tartare on Cucumber Rounds
- How to Brine a Turkey for Thanksgiving
- Blue Mountain Bistro Catering Voted Best in The Hudson Valley
- Feel Good Food - A Chef's Perspective on what makes a great kitchen!
- Perfect June wedding at The Inn at West Settlement
- March 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (5)
- November 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (3)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (2)
- January 2012 (2)
- September 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (4)
- June 2011 (2)
- May 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (4)
- January 2011 (2)
- December 2010 (2)
- November 2010 (2)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (4)
- July 2010 (6)
- June 2010 (4)
- May 2010 (7)
- April 2010 (7)
- March 2010 (2)
- February 2010 (7)
- January 2010 (4)